Monday, April 10, 2017

April 10, 2017

Motto for this week : I WILL SURVIVE

This week was definitely not a typical working week for Hermana Pardo and I.  We were in our house most of this week, but manged to work some of the days! (blessings)  I ended up having strep (could barley talk and had a nasty cough) and a fever.  Hermana Pardo got sick too! After I started getting better, she got sick.  Then when she got better, I got worse. There were days I felt capable to work (thanks to the blessing of health from Elder Salazar and Elder Encee), so we worked and did what we could without overworking ourselves.  With the minimum days we had we were able to get 4 new investigators and we sure had some amazing lessons.  We even got a baptismal date with one of our new Investigators, Cornelia.  She was a blessing contact.  We contacted all day and found people, but not really people that were super interested -  BUT with faith and diligence we were able to find her - she was our last contact of the day  We have taught her about the Plan of Salvation and the Restoration.   She is 19!  We also ran into Osmar and finally found out where he lives! Still is a bit hard to contact him, because he doesn't have a phone.  We also have a time set to visit one of our new investigators Belen.  Hopefully our first lesson with her will go well. 
This week, Hermana Pardo and I truly recieved the love from the members.  They would stop by to make sure we were okay and even dropped off lunches for us.  We were able to work a bit on thursday, friday, and saturday.  Sunday, I recieved a high fever and could barley move.  President Nunez and Hector (recent convert) came to our house and gave me a blessing.  I seriously am so grateful for the Preisthood.  Through the power of God, I was able to make it to Sacrament Meeting and yes, I bore my Testimony.  Later that day we slept a lot and today we are both heathy! I still have a bit of a cough but we can work and go about our normal schedule.  I know I am heathy thanks to those blessings and through the prayers in my behalf- I truly felt like having Hermana Pardo and I sick, our ward became more united and that it was so great that Hector and President could give me a blessing.  God is truly mysterious.  I am grateful for afflictions and hard times.  
Hermana Pardo and I sure enjoyed our time together! Our days consisted of church movies, dule de leche with bananas and bread, sleep, good long talks (life etc)  Sounds like everyone back home is doing well which makes me so happy! Yosemite will be a good time.  Make sure to take lots of pictures for me :) The boys sure sound busy, which is SO good.  I had no idea that Hermana Evans had a blog! How fun! Wow I feel honored about what they said about the missionaries serving here in PJC.  LES AMO MUCHOOOOOO! HERMANA PARDO wanted me to tell you guys that she says hi. HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT SPRING BREAK!

Love,
Hermana Alexander

Our week was like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment