Monday, September 26, 2016

September 26, 2016

AWWWWW it is so good to hear from you guys. Seriously love Mondays.  YAY Ellee had her sweet baby.  Let me know what she names her.  I love them babies.  Ellee looks so good.  LOVE the pictures of Adam.  What a stud.  Lots of stuff happened this week. You should be proud of me haha I am writing in my journal lots.  So I will just share with you  some of the highlights from this week.  Also, last Monday when Hermana Scott and I were grocery shopping we met a German guy who spoke English.  It was so werid haha Also this is the last week Hermana Scott and I have together :(  We have changes next weds.  I will no longer be in training..pretty cool. 

Sept 20th
Today we taught Monica, Yisel, and Jessica. We talked with them about the Sabbath day and sincere prayer.  I shared with them how I came to know that this gospel is true.  I also told them how I made the decision to go on a mission. 

With Pablo, Pedro, Jessica and Isabel we read chapter 8 in first Nephi.  We explained the tree of life vision.  Hermana Scott drew the vision for them.  

We ended the night so well.  We taught Francisco along with his friend Wilson.  Maria Lousia, her son, and daughter, Rocio, were there too.  Hermana Scott prayed that we would be able to have the spirit with us.  We spoke with power and the spirit was so strong.  In the beginning Wilson was trying to find ways to object to everything, but in the end he accepted the Baptsimal question.  We read verses in Nephi and the promise in Moroni.  In the end we ended with a prayer and all knelt down together.  Francisco offered the prayer.

Sept 21
Today I was able to work in Compo Grande.  We had divisions.  I was able to work with Hermana Trujillo.  We had a pretty successful day.  We had 4 lessons - not so common in Campo Grande.  I was able to see Gabi again.  She is doing so well and working on her Personal Progress.  Also earlier today I had language study with Hermana Evans and Hermana Trujillo.  I also ate with President Evans, Hermana Evans, and Hermana Trujillo.  I felt like I was the real MVP HAHAHA It was nice to have a break from San Jorge, but I really love that area.  ALSO we went to the house of a retired race car driver.  They speak ENGLISH.  Both the husband and wife.  The guy wasn't home and when we got there the wife, Carmen, told us that she would take us wherever we wanted to go.  Sooooooo she drove us haha She is from Bolivia.

Sept 22
AWWWWWWWWWW Francisco accepted the date of Oct 8th to get baptized.  He is seriously so ready for this step.  We taught part 1 of lesson 3.  He was getting all teary eyed.  He definitely felt the spirit.  He will be such a great member.  I know the Lord has great things in store for him.  He would be a great missionary too.  I seriously want our family to adopt him!  ALSO.....haha when we were walking home from Porto Fenix I realized that I had a HUGE blister that burst.  I tried walking, but could barley go anywhere.  We were in a sticky situation- we should have been in our house and there were drunk men around the corner.  We called Marilyn and Hno. Bael.  They took us back home.  We got in the car and Marilyn drove on her motor behind us.  I felt like a princess.  God is so good.  Earlier we taught the Word of Wisdom with Maria, her sister, and mom.  We played a game and they  had a good time.  It really helped them understand this commandment.  With Mikeas, Pablo, and Pedro we taught them the Ley de Chastidad.  We had a good lesson.  They told Hermana Scott that she looks like Mary Jane from Spider Man and that I look like Supermans chick hahaha

Sept 24
We had lunch at a member of our wards house and her granddaughter just kept singing to us hahaha she totally reminded me of how I was when I was little.  I always loved having an audience.  We had good lessons with Evert and Marilyn and her mom.  With Evert we talked about testimonies and we were all able to bear our testimonies. It was a great thing for him and everyone.  With Marilyn we shared the scripture on how Christ's arms are always open.  We had noche de hogar with the Cardozo family and had a testimony meeting.  Hna Cardozo shared hers.  It was very sweet. It definitely sparked her faith back.  She said she would go to church again.  Also we met up with the Elders and Hermanas to give them baptismal suits and what was funny was that Hermana Martin had bought chicha with her money and the Elder started offering it.  We all had a good laugh.  

Sept 25
We had lunch with the Blancos and talked about Conference and Prophets.  What was funny was that we asked who our prophet was today.  Hno Blanco was like Ezra Taft Benson....Hna Scott and I were like he is one of our prophets....he then remembered and said Thomas S Monson.  We all laughed and Hno Blanco said that I can now speak Espanol haha.  We also found another family and we taught her and her daughter about the restoration.  The spirit was so strong.  After the lesson I started to feel awful so we went home.  I had a 101.7 degree fever.  I stayed home all day yesterday...today I'm still not feeling well so we are going home after.......hopefully I will feel better soon! I am so excited for Conference.

Love,

Hermana Alexander

Moroni 10:3-5
3 Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.
4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

 So crazy that it's our last week together!

Paraguay really is beautiful!

So green! 

Beautiful birds too!

What I love most about Paraguay..the people!

On divisions..I got to see Gabi again :)


Going to miss taking selfies with this Hermana!

Dirty foot haha but this blister was so big!

Much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment