Monday, September 5, 2016

September 5, 2016

First off the Lord is wonderful and I am grateful that He loves us and gives us trials to make us stronger.  Ah where to begin haha sooooooo Monday night after our P day was over Hermana Scott and I went over to Hermana Cablleros house and I got very sick and asked to use the bathroom twice lol In the bathroom (the second time) I was just praying that Hermana Scott would just share the scripture and of course she did.  The Lord and the Holy Ghost are sure merciful!  Anywho Hermana Scott and I took it easy on Tuesday and then she got what I had on Wednesday.  We both stayed in on weds again...tried to go out, but our bodies just couldn´t handle it.  Thursday we stayed home.  Friday we worked a full day and we received blessings of comfort and peace.  I am seriously so grateful for the Priesthood and for receiving comfort from my Heavenly Father.  My blessing was given by Elder Bingham and Elder Seguin was apart of the blessing as well.  It was seriously such a Testimony builder.  I heard things that I totally needed to hear.  I will mention some of the things that I wrote in my Journal.  The blessing was in an exact poetic form that made sense to me.  Very specific -

"Waves of trial may come, the Lord´s ship stays firm."

"The harassment of the adversary will lessen.  The Lord will help me find strength."

"He loves me and is so proud. "

"That light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day."
 ( exact quote from D and C 50 :24) Go towards the light.  With knowing the truth, chase the darkness away. - NOTE: I read D and C 50 all the way through and boy....I related hahaha you and the family should read it :) 

"Jesus Christ is the light that cannot be hid in darkness." 

"Bless me with comfort, guidance, and strength." 

"My family is in His hands,"

"I will feel the power of the Atonement everday" 

"I am a daughter of the most High." 

At the end of my blessing - through Elder Bingham the Lord said that this is (my) YOUR mission.  

I had peace and the torment was gone........

We had the blessings at Hermano Francos house and it was cool that his two kiddos and his wife were apart of this experience.  Even though I had my blessing in English, they knew the trials that I was facing.  Also Elder Bingham said that after he ended my blessing the Lord told him to tell me to pray for the Gift of Tongues and to have my family do so as well.  He also said to read the Book Of Mormon in Español and to not have my English Book Of Mormon with me.  Well with being sick I have done this and have read the Book Of Mormon. I have been truly praying for the gift of tongues to learn as well and I see a HUGE progress. I am so grateful for worthy Elders.  They are awesome..all of the missionaries in Paraguay are!

Luckily my heath is getting back to normal and I can go about the day just fine.  Hermana Scott is improving with her health as well.  We worked all day yesterday and had a great experience with Pablo and Pedro.  They are twin brothers.  Pablo is very active and has been preparing for a mission. He told us that he decided not to go anymore because of some problems that were happening.  We had such a great experience and with what I went through I expressed that hard experiences make us stronger and that when we go through hard times we really feel the strength of the Lord if we let Him help us and have faith.   I shared the scripture in Ether.  It is our part to rely on the Lord.  With that He will carry our burdens.  I told them that the mission is the hardest thing that I've done, but I will always remember the experiences.  Experiences help us become who God wants us to be.  With Pedro we told him that with having the strength to repent and go to church the Lord will also give him strength.  Overall I am so grateful for the struggles I have faced and I know that I need things in my life that will help me grow.  Heck this is why I am on a mission.  No place I'd rather be.  It is shaping me to be the person that the Lord wants me to be. 

It makes me so happy to see pictures of you guys!  The campout looked super fun! Ah boating looked super fun as well.  Miss the water!  YAY for Rocklin!  You guys will have to keep me posted on BYU football!  

I GOT YOUR PACKAGE!!!!!

Cannot wait to open it fully!  I opened it at the office with other missionaries and yes I gave them some Skinny Pop hahaha There was a ton of missionaries at the office today and I was reunited with the missionaries that arrived with me.  We had to go to immigrations..which is in the other mission.  Tomorrow we have Zone Conference and on Wednesday we are getting fit for PANTS!!!!!! We are the girl pioneers to wear pants!  So stoked! Except it is going to be HOT!!!!! The weather has been SO crazy!  Raining EVERYDAY!!!! Rain boots are sure handy.  I love you all so much and seriously have the BEST FAMILY and PARENTS!!!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Love,

Hermana Alexander

Ether 12:27  
And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.  I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

Happy Day! I saw Hermana Christensen! She was one of my EFY counselors and we actually hung out a couple of times in college! Love her! She is in training to be the Missionary Health Assistant!

Happy we're staying together!


Hermana Alexander & Hermana Scott

Twin brothers..Pablo and Pedro! 

Together again with Hermanas from the CCM!

No comments:

Post a Comment