Monday, August 29, 2016

August 29, 2016

HOLLLLAAAAA!!!!!

This week was the start of new changes in the mission!  Luckily since I'm a new missionary and still in training, I get to stay with Hermana Scott (my mother of the mission) and in San Jorge! The next change might be crazy....  Anywho! I LOVED THE SCRIPTURES IN ALMA CHAPTER 13 VERSES 28 AND 29 that you sent me last P Day.  Hermana Scott and I shared them with some of the people that we visited.  We also have taught a lot about saying sincere prayers.  A lot of people here need to learn how to truly pray.  It makes me so happy to hear someone and even help them truly pray for the first time.  
I had a really spiritual experience with this elderly couple who are less active and have been having a hard time.  The spirit was so strong that the Hermana and I both cried.  I told her that she and her husband needed to have full confidence in the Lord.  She is Pablo's grandma, who is our good friend in the ward.  He should be getting his mission call in a couple of months.  I am hoping that he will go English speaking.  Pablos friend Mikeas has been to church for 2 weeks now.  Hermana Scott and I are hopefully going to set up a baptismal date with him.  Pablo has also been with us when we have visted Mikeas.  Sandra is progressing, but needs to attend church.  We also met her mom during our last visit so we are hoping we can teach Sandra and her mom.  We have also been teaching Rocio and her two adorable kiddos.  She keeps telling us that she loves to listen to us and that her daughter who is 8 says the same thing.  We were able to have family prayer with them and everyone kneeled.  Hermana Scott offered the prayer.  THE SPIRIT WAS SO STRONG! We are continuing to work hard.  We keep on contacting people and are meeting more and more people.  Victoria is in a sticky situation...she is 14 and told us that she prayed and knows for herself that this church is true.  Her father does not want her to attend church, but he said we can visit.  We are praying that he will go with her one of these Sundays....please pray for her father and sister, that their hearts will be softened. 
Noche de Hogar was fun with Andrea and her family.  Her husband Dannie talked about prayer as well. Overall this week has been a good week! No place I would rather be.  Oh here is something interesting! At Maria Lousias we ate cow intestines! lol anywho wasn't so bad hahaha 
Oh I forgot to tell you..I had an allergic reaction lol but thankfully now my face is better! Hermana Scott and I thought it was going to explode! Luckily Hermana Scott had some allergy medicine which helped! Also, it is the start of the rainy season! We were going to have a zone activity and visit the Stadium of Paraguay's soccer teams Olymipia, but the weather is so bad.  It's super cold and rainy..hot coco sounds good haha and yes I have my boots on!   
It seems like everything is going well with you and the family. Awwwww Caroline looks so good!  She will be one amazing missionary! I hope you gave her a hug for me! :) That would be such a good experience for the family to go to conference!  I seriously cannot wait! I am glad mikey is enjoying is seminary.  That is also awesome that school is going well for everyone.  Is it nice having some time???? I sure love you guys! YAY about the package! Always nice having a piece of home.  How was the Temple with Kristin??? 

I lovveeeeee you guys so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Love,

Hermana Alexander

Alma 13:28-29
28 But that ye would humble yourselves before the Lord, and call on His holy name, and watch and pray continually, that ye may not be tempted above that which ye can bear, and thus be led by the Holy Spirit, becoming humble, meek, submissive, patient, full of love, and all long-suffering;
29 Having faith on the Lord; having a hope that ye shall receive eternal life; having the love of God always in your hearts, that ye may be lifted up at the last day and enter into his rest.



















No comments:

Post a Comment