Monday, November 21, 2016

November 21, 2016

HELLO FROM PEDRO JUAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where to begin hahaha this week was a crazy one but SO good! I got transfered! My area is 8 hours away and is on the boarder of Paraguay!  5 minutes away from my house is Brazil.
People here speak Guaraní, Espanol, and Portuguese.  Pretty crazy!  In this area everyone wants to visit and I can get a name tag in Portuguese! I also have a new companion!  Hermana Córdova.  She is the best! We seriously get along so well!  Her Spanish is so clear which is such a blessing and it is also a plus that she wants to learn english too.   She is from Peru and this is her last change! Also, the ATMS here spit out dollars..weird! Hermana Scott is also in my District and is comps with Hermana Brunelle!  The weather is hot but luckily not too hot.  Ysapy was hot! There are a lot of mosquitos so we are wearing pants everyday. This will be a great change!  Really excited!  Earlier this week I was in a trio with Hermana Maldonado and Hermana Pardo.  Hermana Pardo is from Bolivia and was transferred from where I am now serving..Hermana Córdova was her trainer. It was a neat experience to teach with 3 people.  I was in a trio because it didn't make sense to drive 8 hours in a nice collectivo and then come back to hear Elder Rasband speak. 
Saturday was an experience that I will never forget.  All the missionaries were able to shake Elder Rasbands hand....aw including me! He read the Dedicatory prayer for this country and discussed how we need to do more.  Some parts in the prayer included - 
Bless all those who are called
Unite in spirit of love, dedication, strength of character
With Testimony those will know that this church is true
100s and 1000 will join
Other Temples will be built
Pray for the leaders of the Country ( Elder Rasband was able to speak with there Pres and he told us that they love the Church) 
We see in vision - bless future leaders
This is a humble country
What I learned is that we are apart of the hastening of the work in this prayer.  We need to talk with everyone and bear testimony of what we know with all our hearts.  He also told us that when we invite those unto to baptism to include, that by doing this, they can live with their Savior and Heavenly Father.  He specifically said to use words like the Savior.  He also talked about loving the people and being faithful.  I truly have learned that by loving the people sincerely....I can easily speak Espanol.  I am more fluent than I have ever been.  Still pray for me of course, but it is becoming harder and harder to speak in English haha Yesterday was the first day that Hermana Córdva and I worked together.  All I can say is WOW.  Power Companionship!   We also were able to work with our friend who reminds me a lot of joey.  He is 12 and did visits with us all day.  I was happy to get to meet all the members yesterday at church..  They did the primary program.  Seriously love this area!  Seems like everyone is doing so well which makes me so happy!  Love all the photos.  I am sure getting excited for Navidad.  This boy who is 7 had me help him with his papa noel list.  He wants a batman action hero man.  He also was very excited that I was from the U.S.  I will be better with everyones names next week. 
Also for my part of Thanksgiving - I want to thank you and the family for all your support and prayers!  I am grateful for my Savior and this gospel.  It sure is a blessing.  This life is a blessing.  I love Paraguay and all the experiences that I have been having.  Our Father knows us perfectly!  It brings me such great happiness to share His message. I love you guys so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxo I sure love being a missionary!  An experience of a lifetime!  

Love,

Hermana Alexander

My new companion..Hermana Córdova!

Matching Hair :)

Loved serving with Hermana Maldonado and Hermana Pardo!

Slumber Party haha

Love them! Never easy saying goodbye!



Yes..that is a pigs snout haha



Hermana Martin

On the collectivo!

Riding in style haha

The Primary in my new ward!




No comments:

Post a Comment