Monday, December 5, 2016

December 5, 2016

Seriously so happy that today is Monday!  This week was another great and busy week.  Lots of great things are happening in Pedro Juan.  We have been working a lot with our less actives and investigators.  We had a Noche de Hogar with a family and talked about the Holy Ghost.  We played a game where one person was assigned to be the Holy Ghost and everyone else had to shout and be a distraction. As we played this game, the person who was blind folded had a hard time following the voice of the Holy Ghost.   We also read in 1 Nefi chapter 8.  We also found 3 new investigators from our less active friend - Hermano Ceclio (he needs to attend 1 more Sunday and then he will be active) He lives with so many people which is great because we keep finding more investigators!  We have Eva who is 12, Aldo, and Roberto. We felt that being able to visit with Aldo was a miracle.  Last Sunday, he was praying and felt inspired to stay in his house and not leave with everyone else (I can't remember where they where going) anywho we showed up! - We all knew that we were an answer to his prayer.  Gabriel and Mathis worked with us all day yesterday! They are very interested in preparing to serve missions.  We live right next to Gabriel and his family.  Mathis is super strong - he is the only active member in his family.  It feels like he is my brother. I love the members in my ward!  We are seriously all family.  I love President and his wife hermana Rosie! We did service this morning with Ramón. What was so fun was that we rode in the back of his truck! Yes I was in my happy place!  Oh we also have a new investigator Poala.  She is 12.  
Almiris is getting baptized on the 17th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Her dad bore such a sweet testimony yesterday. I shared mine too!  I seriously love the opportunity to share the gospel.  I also have been able to sing in English!  The people love when people sing in English.  We actaully contacted this family and he was like do you know the song you are my sunshine.  We sang it together and I wrote the lyrics for him.  I am also going to teach classes in English.  The Flia Garay are also so ready for their baptism, but we have to move the date farther because they didn't attend church, due to the fact thier nephew was in the hospital.  Pray for Edison.  The work here is sure hastening!  The 8th might be hard for us- it is the day of Virgin Mary haha I'll tell you how it goes! I cannot wait to SKYPE!  Charolette is such a cutie!  Hold her lots for me when you get the chance.  That is so crazy that Rebecca is coming home!   SOOOOOO exciting about DESSSSS! Seems like the boys are busy with sports and school.  That is very exciting that Matthew made the team!  So exciting about Adam and Matthews birthdays.  Later today we are going shopping at China.  I LOVVVVEEE YOUUUU ALLLLLLLLLLL oh also I taught about the Light of Christ in District Meeting - love Moroni 7:16  I love how the Light of Christ is super strong during Christmas.  Everyone needs to remember to have this light always. 

Love,
Hermana Alexander

Moroni 7:16  For behold, the Spirit of Christ is given to every man, that he may know good from evil; wherefore, I show unto you the way to judge; for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God.  














No comments:

Post a Comment