Monday, July 17, 2017

July 17, 2017

I am doing really well! We had a great week of events.  On Tuesday, we had Zone Conference with all of the missionaries and were able to listen to President Evans along with our other leaders.  Sure was a good experience.  He mentioned a lot of things.  Repentance and Baptism was the focus (watched videos of apostles giving talks in the MTC - for missionaries)  and we read parts of the Book of Moses. Also talked on how we can contact by using the Family Proclamation.  Hna Gomez and I did a practice with President Evans.  On Tuesday, we started the day off early and visited Carmen.  I even peeled yuca and they were quite empressed haha Later that day we had interviews. It was so great talking to President in person.  I also had my 1 year anniversary being in Paraguay (passed the 13th) We have been sharing Alma 50:20 with the families in our ward.  Also we visited Beatriz - after running into her on the bus (she isnt a member, but her daughter and husband are) Her daughter is struggling with depression and I cannot fully express the experience I had with this family.  Sure have lots of love for them.  We shared DyC 31:1-3 with Beatriz and had her put her name in instead of Thomas.  We tried contacting references from last Sunday - that was an adventure.  ALSO we painted with the Benitez family and shared a message with the Hermano.  It was his first time.  We shared and read the whole chapter of Mosiah 12.  We talked about keeping the commandments.  On Sunday I got to work in YSAPY with Hermana Tandiman.  It felt good working in my old area.  We had success and contacted Dino.  Hopefully he will progress.  It is SOOOOOO cold in Paraguay.  So glad to hear that everyone is doing well.  Sure love hearing from you guys and being somewhat caught up haha EFY will be such a good experience for the boys.  Thats fun that the Zwalhens are coming over.  Make sure to tell them hi.  I wish I could have heard Matthew and Joeys talks.  I know they did a great job.  SUPER exciting about Dad.  WIll be an experience.  He will be such a good teacher.  LOVE YOU ALL.  Also shout out to Em for her birthday!

Love,
Hermana Alexander

Alma 50:20  Blessed art thou and thy children; and they shall be blessed, inasmuch as they shall keep my commandments they shall prosper in the land.  But remember, inasmuch as they will not keep my commandments they shall be cut off from the presence of the Lord.

D&C 31:1-3  Thomas, my son, blessed are you because of your faith in my work.  Behold, you have had many afflictions because of your family; nevertheless, I will bless you and your family, yea, your little ones; and the day cometh that they will believe and know the truth and be one with you in my church.  Lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come; and your tongue shall be loosed, and you shall declare glad tidings of great joy unto this generation. 




No comments:

Post a Comment