Monday, October 31, 2016

October 31, 2016

HELLO FAMMMMMILLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aw seriously SO happy that it is Monday! This week was way better and Hermana Maldonado and I are doing really well!  Getting along great!....you could say we are best friends!  Communcation is getting better each day.  We had a good heart to heart discussion about how we were feeling and it has been better ever since! We also had some bonding experiences this week.  It was a busy but good week!  So we actually hear from Elder Rasband in Nov. This Wednesday we had Zone Conference and we got to hear from Elder Bragg who is a member of the seventy.  He talked a lot about how this is the work of the Lord.  He shared the scripture in Lucas 6 verses 12-13.  He talked about how we need to be prepared to meet an apostle of the Lord.  He explained that we can do this through prayer, etc.  He also discussed D&C 18:44 and how when we invite others to repent and help people, it leads them to get baptized.  President and Hermana Evans discussed how The Book of Mormon is a book of power.  This book is what opens the hearts of those we teach and contact.  We also practiced contacting with Elder Bragg.  
Pablo and Claudio are getting married and baptized THIS Saturday!  Hermana Maldonado and I are beyond excited! They went to church by themselves this week! I also had divisions with Hermana Santos in Luque! She is from Texas and we have SO much in common. I got to work with her for a day and spent the night with her.  We had some amazing lessons together.  We taught her rencent convert Angela.  She is 9 and is the cutest.  We went over lesson 3 and she pretty much did the teaching haha We also taught their investigator who has a drinking problem.  He showed up to the lesson in the chapel drunk....Hermana Santos didn't know what to do.  I asked if I could share the scripture about how the Lord always has his arms open to all and how he wants all to follow him.  We had him read it and he felt the spirit. We also taught another investigator who looks like Robin Williams haha We discussed the Restoration and the Book Of Mormon.  I invited him to read the chapter that talks about how the Bible isn't the only word of God.  We also taught a young mother and disccussed a bit of the Plan of Slavation and read the Proclamation to the Family.  Hermana Maldonado and I need to find new investigators...which calls for contacting more!  We actually contacted a mother Juanna who has cancer.  We are going back to see her this week for sure.  
Hermana Maldonado sayyyyssss thank you for the package and the sweets!  She loves the food and the fuzzy socks!  I have some pictures of her eating a rice krispie treat haha She is from Otavalo-Imbabura.  You will have to tell Brian! We sure enjoy everyday together..lots of laughs! Our lessons are united and she is kind with helping me! She does my hair sometimes too! I straightened her hair the other day! Oh yesterday was really neat...I got a blessing.  I have been feeling stressed and have been having stomach issues.  Elder Stark and Elder Smith gave me the blessing.  In the blessing it talked about how I just need to put one foot in front of the other when there are times that I feel like I can no longer do what I need to do..  Have complete faith that the Lord will provide the rest if I put forth my best effort and work hard!  My family is greatly blessed because I am here.  Read my Patriarchal Blessing and look for the promises that are occuring. I have family and friends here.  It was a good experience.  Also we got our phone stollen on the bus so we went to Asunción twice. I saw Hermana Scott..it was a fun moment!  I am sad to hear that Grandmas sister passed away, but it is such a great blessing to know that our family is eternal and we will see her again.   Love the Halloween costumes and haunted houses! I cannot believe Maryn will be home in Decemeber.  The mission is sure flying by! LOVEEEEE YOUUU ALLLL hope you all have a good week. 

Love, 
Hermana Alexander

Luke 12-13
12 And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.
13 And when it was day, he called unto Him his disciples: and of them he chose twelve, whom also he named apostles.

D&C 18:44
And by your hands I will work a marvelous work among the children of men, unto the convincing of many of their sins, that they may come unto repentance, and that they may come unto the kingdom of my Father.


Matching fuzzy Halloween socks!

Making tortillas! Yummy!


Please pray for Estanisia and Naida..Naida is our recent convert and her grandma is having health problems!

She saves the wrappers..don't you think she looks like Mulan?

We love our package!

Cute kiddos!

They love the lollipops!

H
Hermana Agosta did a visit with us!

Hermana Santos!





No comments:

Post a Comment